Monday, May 11, 2009

Portrait Painting

poHere is a nice portrait that I recently finished with progression pics! I really enjoyed this one because I got to make up the background as well as "retouch" the face because the original photo had been damaged somewhat as you can see in the original photos. This was a gift for the clients friend, who's mother had passed away when he was young and he really on had a few pictures of her. It was a real pleasure not only to paint this, but give someone a very special personalized gift. I almost enjoyed giving this one away as much as I did painting it. Turnaround for this was about three weeks once I got some higher quality photos.

Original pics sent through email:
Michaels_mom1

Michaels_mom2

michaels moms portrait background

Work in progress:
acrylic-portrait-2

acrylic-portrait-1

acrylic-portrait-3

acrylic-portrait-4

acrylic-portrait-5

acrylic-portrait-7

acrylic-portrait-6

acrylic-portrait-8

acrylic-portrait-9

acrylic-portrait-10

acrylic-portrait-11

Final, ready to deliver:

acrylic-portrait-12

acrylic-portrait-13-final

acrylic-portrait-14-final



acrylic-portrait-15-final

No comments: